Saturday, October 29, 2011

Witch-yPoo Madness on Halloween!

Our annual large Halloween Bash O' Rama happened last night and I have to say it was pretty bash-tastic! I did manage to even get the witch costume all done!


Tah-Dah! All done! That's my husband in his epic bed-sheet ghost costume. $5 sheet from Walmart. Cheapest costume I ever built.
I found a crinoline to go under the skirt which added that extra poof I needed to get the right retro feel for it. Flashbacks in the Hillcrest area of San Diego is a GEM of a thrift/vintage store! My crinoline matched the outfit being bright purple in color.  I was wearing the sweater at the time because I was feeling a bit chilly. But honestly, I really didn't need it to hide construction wonkiness, the bodice turned out really great!

The only full body shot of the dress I have at the moment. I wore my cute crochet style tights I bought at Target last year. They went really well with the dress! I considered wearing my striped tights but I figured that might be a little too much pattern going on with the dress being so crazy.

Here's a couple shots of the Hat since you can't see the details in the photos:

I wanted to dress up the hat more. The spider web pattern was cute but it needed a little more oomph. So I added the purple glitter tulle band around the back and accented it with that jeweled buckle and the roses in the back. At first the glitter shed all over me, but a little hairspray and it stayed in place. Thanks for the tip, Colleen!

 My accessories for for the night. The Awesome earrings I ordered from Persephone Plus. I LOVE them so!  The cameo I bought from a dealer at one of the cons I was vending at. I can't remember the name of the guy, alas. He cameos were gorgeous...and they glow in the friggin' dark. The big flower with the skull I made to pin onto my bow. My ribbon sash needed an extra touch. I had fun with the spider trim there.
I'm considering finding more of those skull beads and making a couple pins and clips in that style. I wanted to try and find some short boots with the big buckles on them but they weren't in the budget. Instead I wore some cute black wedge heels I wear to work. COMFORT!

Here are a couple of my friends looking awesome at the party:
 Colleen as a cigarette girl.

 Kelly as a witch and her son Dan Jr. as her black cat.

Katie went as her own self portrait.

DRAGONS!!

And Ghoooooosts!

I'm already stoked for our Bash O' Rama next year and trying to think up another theme that was as fun as this year.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment